This one is a keeper! The smell and taste of cinnamon and cumin are simply awesome! Thank you, Cooking Light! Once again, you have not let me down.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked ditalini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cooking Time: 22 minutes
Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add the water and next 6 ingredients (water through tomatoes). Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce hear, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta, and cook 9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in chopped parsley.
Serving Size: 4 servings (1 1/2 cups).
Nutritional Facts (per serving): 242 calories; 39.9g carbs; 0mg cholesterol; 4.7g fat; 560mg sodium; 11.4g protein; 79g calcium; 3.6g iron; and 4.6g fiber.
Source: This recipe is from the Cooking Light – October 1998 issue.