Carrot Pineapple Bread
Source: Recipe adapted from Sugar Duchess, originally from Taste of Home Baking Book (http://theblissfulbaker.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/carrot-pineapple-bread/)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- half an 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg and egg white. Add carrots, oil, pineapple, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in pecans.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.