I am ALWAYS looking for new recipes to make. Here’s one from the February 2010 issue – page 102 – of Sunset Magazine. If you like shrimp and curry, this one is for YOU!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp each cumin seeds, ground turmeric, garam masala, and paprika
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 can coconut milk – 13.5 oz can
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion until softened, about 2 minutes. Add spices, garlic, and shrimp and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and salt; simmer 10 minutes.
- Spoon curry over rice. Garnish with cilantro.
Per Serving: 511 cal, 53%/272 cal from fat, 29 g protein, 30 g fat, 35 g carb, 2.5 g fiber, 666 mg sodium, 172 mg chol.